Covid risk assesment
Please be kind to our staff as we re-open after lockdown. We are doing everything we can to keep staff and customers safe. Things are changing all the time, but I have been asked by a number of people what the guidelines mean to The Barley Mow. Below you will find the list of changes we have had to implement in order to comply with the Government document.
Our doors are now open after 14 weeks of closure, we have a few updates around how the pub will need to comply to government guidelines. If you've got any questions about the information in this page, please email us: Barleymowhartford@gmail.com
• We have been told that we must collect personal details about anyone visiting us. We work to meet the minimum requirement to support the track and trace effort and do not use them for any other reason.
• There is a one way system in place and entry to the pub will be via the car park entrance only.
• There will be, to begin with, a reduced menu and we are hoping to have our ordering app, up and running. A takeaway service will be available during food service hours.
• You can book a table inside of up to 6 people from a maximum of 2 households.
• Outside undercover tables are available for people from a maximum of 6 households, as well as 3 separate garden areas.
• We will only be offering paper menus to limit the cross-contamination of sharing them.
• We still accept cash payments, but only at the bar. Card payments are preferred.
• During busy times, we will be offering table service but can only accept card payments. Any cash orders must be placed at the bar.
• We have been told that our customers can no longer drink at the bar.
• If we are at capacity inside the pub and it starts to rain, we are unable to have guests come in. We know that it is a very difficult situation and apologise but it's critical that we comply with the guidelines to stay open. We recommend that all guests find a seat inside the pub to start with.
• We are allowed to play music through our sound system but the volume must be limited.
• We are allowed to run our quiz but the volume of noise at the tables must be limited.
• Our toilets are one-in, one-out in accordance with social distancing guidelines. We have installed a barrel lock to make it clear when the toilets are in use.
• We are unable to re-use the same glasses to avoid the risk of cross-contamination.
• Our staff have all agreed to wear protection visors at all times when serving where there is no screen.
• We are not allowed to use beer mats or provide straws because of the risk of transmission.
• The brewery are currently dealing with incredible demand for product, as such, we may be out of stock for some items until things return to normal.
• Children have always been welcome and continue to be welcome too, but they must adhere to social distancing guidelines of 1m+. We remind all parents that it is their responsibility to ensure children are compliant.
• We ask all customers not to move furniture when visiting, it's been laid out with social distancing guidelines in mind.
•Please bear in mind that the guidelines are constantly evolving and we are obliged to comply with them. We will share updates as the guidelines change.
Thank you all for your support throughout lock-down, local support and encouragement has been a pillar of strength to the team and I.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Jenny, Malcolm and The Barley Mow Team